TOTAL TIME: 5 MINUTES PLUS 2 HOURS OF REFRIGERATION • FOR 6 PEOPLE
The secret to the texture of this creamy yet crunchy breakfast is in tiny chia seeds, which are packed with major nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, magnesium, and more.
- 1/2 cup black chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (14 ounces) can light coconut milk, shaken
- 1 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- Berries, for garnish
- Pepitas, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the chia seeds, agave syrup, vanilla and salt, making sure there are no lumps. Whisk the coconut and almond milks.
- Transfer to a jar, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve garnished with berries and pumpkin seeds.
PER SERVING 255 calories, 19.5g fat (12.5g saturated fat), 4g protein, 80mg sodium, 17g carbohydrates, 7g fiber, 7g sugars (7g added sugars), 0 mg of cholesterol