- 4 cups cake flour
- 1 & 1/3 cups cocoa powder
- 3 & 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 & 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 & 1/2 cups hot coffee ( 1 & 1/2 cups hot water + 2 Tablespoons coffee powder)
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp vanilla essence
- * Eggs and buttermilk should be at room temperature. Not cold .
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 5 cups finely chopped dark chocolate
*Add the 2 ingredients in a bowl then melt in a microwave or melt on the stove over simmering water .
1. In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda , salt and cocoa powder. Whisk very well .
2. In another large bowl add oil and sugar and mix . Then add vanilla and mix in one egg at a time . Don’t add all the eggs all at once .
3. Pour in the buttermilk then mix . Take a sieve then sieve in the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Mix just to combine the wet and dry ingredients together.
4. Add the hot coffee. Then mix well but don’t over mix.